What are BicyleBNB Service Fees?
BicycleBNB charges a flat fee of 15% of the listing price. This fee is collected from the guest at the time of registration and retained by BicycleBNB.
The remainder (balance due) is to be collected by the host. BicycleBNB does not collect the full amount of the listing at the time of reservation.
How do I book a property listing on BicycleBNB?
- When you have found a property you are interesting in making a reservation, you may do the following:Contact the host by using the “Contact Owner” button on the property listing if you have any questions before making a reservation (the 15% deposit fee is non-refundable).
- If you are ready to make a reservation, in the “Book Now” section select the Check In and Check Out dates along with the number of guests.
You will see the total cost for the rental, of which a non-refundable 15% deposit will be collected by BicycleBNB. The remainder of the balance will be due to the owner/host directly.
Once you click “Book Now” a request will be sent to the owner for them to approve or deny your reservation request. You will receive a confirmation email, at the email address in your profile, from BicycleBNB that you have submitted the request.
If the owner approves your request for reservation, you will receive an email stating that you have been approved and you must login to your BicycleBNB account to pay the deposit. If the deposit is not paid, the reservation will not be complete or accepted.
To pay the deposit:
- Log into your account
- Go to your profile
- Select “My Reservations”
- You will see the booking request listed along with a green button titled “Invoice Created – Check & Pay”.
- Click this button and a detailed invoice will be presented listing the total cost, the deposit fee being paid and the balance due to the owner of the property.
- Click the “Pay with PayPal” button to complete the payment of the deposit.
I’m a property host, how do I know when a reservation has been requested?
You will receive an email to the address used when you created your account. The email will list the property name and a link for you to review the reservation details.
You may approve the reservation and issue the invoice for the 15% deposit (retained by BicycleBNB) or deny (reject) the booking request.
If you approve the request, a notice will be sent to the guest notifying them of the approval and to pay the deposit fee.
Once the deposit fee has been paid, you will receive an additional email stating the deposit has been paid and the booking is confirmed. You may view all details from the “My Bookings” section of your profile.
The balance remaining (owed) on the invoice must be collected by you directly with the guest, according to the guidelines you establish.
Does BicycleBNB offer any insurance coverage for my property?
Currently, BicycleBNB does not offer any insurance coverage for your property listed on our site. Please check with your current homeowner’s or renter’s policy to ensure you have adequate coverage.
What government regulations should I consider before hosting?
You must review the local laws for your city when deciding to host your property on BicycleBNB.
Many local jurisdictions may have laws that prevent or restrict the ability to host paying guests for a short period of time. You should check with your local planning and/or zoning office to determine what regulations exist and must be followed. In addition, some cities require you to obtain a permit and/or license, and pay local fees and taxes.
In addition, if your property is governed by an HOA or co-op board – you must check with them regarding any regulations on sub-letting and/or hosting your property. If you lease the property, check with your landlord and review the lease agreement.
Procedures to ensure the safety of the guests and host.
Place the following in a conspicuous area of the home:
- Local emergency contact numbers
Emergency contact for yourself (the host)
Location of the nearest hospital
- Have a first aid kit readily available for guest use.
- While not required by BicycleBNB, it is advised that you have a functioning fire/smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, functioning fire extinguisher
- Make sure your property meets all local building codes.
- Make sure and post a map showing the fire escape route and have exits clearly marked.
- Make sure your home is safe for children – if not – clearly notify the guests there may be potential hazards to children.
- List instructions as how to use the air conditioning/heating systems.
- If you have homeowner’s association or building restrictions on the use of common areas, please clearly display this information to your guests.
- Convey any parking rules and/or regulations that govern your property.
- Remind guests to keep the noise level to a minimum as not to disturb the neighbors.
- Give instructions as to how the guest can contact you in case of questions.
What if I have to cancel my reservation?
If you cancel your reservation, the 15% deposit is non-refundable. The remaining balance due will depend upon the individual host’s cancellation policy. Please review this policy before completing a reservation.
To cancel a reservation:
- Log into your BicycleBNB account and go to your profile
- Go to the “My Reservations” section and you will see your current reservations.
- Click the red “Cancel Booking” button and the reservation will be canceled and the owner notified.
What if a host cancels my reservation after the deposit has been paid?
Normally, the deposit is non-refundable, however we may grant an exception if the host canceled the reservation. However, click here to send an email. Deposit refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What if I’m unable to gain access to the host property upon arrival and I’m unable to contact the host?
Click here to contact a member of our staff. If we cannot locate the host within one hour, we will refund your deposit and find alternative accommodations immediately.